Sunday, July 6, 2008

Naknek Blues



Now I know that if both women and men were polled and asked whether they would enjoy a six week vacation from their spouse once a year, the answer would be an overwhelming yes. But let me tell you something straight from the heart...IT SUCKS!!!! I miss him. I miss the sound of the T.V. and him being out in the garage and the way he anally organizes the canned food. Thank God I have my summer partner, Michael. He doesn't give me a chance to be lonely because he talks to me non-stop from the time we wake up in the morning until I have to make him be quiet in bed at night. Nooooo it's not that bad, but still. I fare pretty well here alone (Jamie's usually gone all summer) these days, but when I get those phone calls every once in a great while from him it sounds like he's on the other side of the world. It's really noisy and he's like yelling because he can't hear me very well. I just get kind of sad and heavy. But of course then I feel stupid for feeling sorry for myself when I think about what he is actually doing...fish guts, big waves no sleep no food and the ultimate worst for Joe...the wet cigarette! I'm sure I will survive and I know I could have a lot worse problems than missing Joe and it would take forever to name all of the things I have to be thankful for. So for now I will say this: Be safe Joe.

No comments: